Thursday, August 30, 2012

Movies I've Seen this summer

Heres a list of the movies I saw this summer at home and in the theater. I worked in a movie theater this summer so the list is going to be a bit long.

As for favorite, no question Indiana Jones is the winner. Raiders was one of the first action movies I saw, and despite being very scared of the ending of the film when I first saw it at 6 years old, I have seen it many times.



What makes me love Raiders so much has a lot to do with Indiana Jones himself. Harrison Ford does an excellent job of transforming himself into an action hero who doesnt have the super human traits of Mcclain in Die Hard or Ethan Hunt from the Mission Impossible movies. Indy is just a smart guy who happens to know how to use a whip. At multiple points in the movie he uses his brain instead of using superior accuracy with a sub-machine gun or a highly advanced intelligence agency. For instance, one of my favorite scenes of all time is when Indy is looking for Marian who has been kidnapped in Cairo. Indiana Jones is faced with a series of enemies, which he avoids and escapes, but then a crowd opens to a very impressive looking Arab swordsman, and Indy just gives his enemy a look and shoots him. Along with the character, the action sequences that Speilberg and Lucas envision and construct as well as the intriguing plot make this classic my favorite film of all time.

At the movies:

  • The Avengers
  • Dark Shadows
  • The Dictator
  • Men in Black III
  • Snow White and the Huntsman
  • That's My Boy
  • Brave
  • Ted
  • The Amazing Spider Man
  • Moonrise Kingdom
  • Savages
  • Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Total Recall
  • The Bourne Legacy
  • The Campaign


At Home:

  • Goodfellas
  • The Departed
  • Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc
  • The Bourne Identity
  • Mission Impossible
  • Spider Man (with Tobey Maguire)
  • Iron Man
  • Minority Report

1 comment:

  1. Nice list, Mike! I love Raiders, too. (And I just saw Casablanca, a movie I now think Spielberg must have had in mind when he made raiders).

    ReplyDelete